Texas AgriLife Extension Service
Department of Entomology
17360 Coit Road, Dallas, TX 75252
Ms. Schofield moved to the Texas AgriLife Research and Extension Center in Dallas in February 2004, after receiving her M.S. in entomology with an emphasis on urban and structural entomology. Her responsibilities include working with county agents and specialists to plan educational activities on IPM and controlling fire ants in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, which includes Dallas, Tarrant, Denton and Collin Counties. In addition, she works with homeowners, master gardeners, and pest management professionals to develop training programs on IPM and fire ant control. She also conducts, evaluates and reports from result demonstrations and applied research projects with Extension and Research faculty and staff.
Texas AgriLife Extension
Texas A&M University
New Braunfels Independent School District
Silvers Refrigeration Service
- Schofield, K., M. Keck and E. Brown. University Based Research on Organic Pest Management for Homeowners. Resistant Pest Management Newsletter. Spring 2009 (18.2): whalonlab.msu.edu/Newsletter/index.html.
- Drees, B., K. Schofield, E. Brown, P. Nester, M. Keck, and K. Flanders. 2008. Fire Ant Control: The Two-Step Method and Other Approaches. Texas AgriLife Publication L-5496.
- Drees, B. and K. Schofield. 2007. Community Wide Imported Fire Ant Kit. Fire Ant Factsheet FAPFS015.
- Drees, B., K. Flanders, T. Davis, W. Smith, L. Hooper-Bui, K. Vail, W. Gardner, P. Nester, E. Brown, K. Schofield, and M. Keck. Managing Imported Fire Ants in Urban Areas, a Regional Publication Developed for: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Texas Cooperative Extension Publication B-6043.
- Jackman, J. A., E. Brown, K. Engler, and M. E. Merchant. 2006. Spiders. Texas Cooperative Extension Publication E-408.
- Gold, R. E., H. Howell, G. Glenn, and K. Engler. 2005. Subterranean Termites. Texas Cooperative Extension Publication E-368.
- Gold, R. E., K. Engler, M. Merchant, and E. Brown. 2005. Cockroaches: Recognition and Control. Texas Cooperative Extension Publication E-329.
- Engler, K. 2005. Insect Pests of Crape Myrtles and Suggestions for Their Control. Texas Cooperative Extension Publication EEE-00022.